Active Directory

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 11.6" 1.6Ghz i5 4GB 128SSD/MBP Retina 15.4" 2.3Ghz i7 16GB 256SSD/iPhone 4s/iPad3
I am having difficulties trying to join a Mac Pro desktop back to the domain. I've gone thru both system preferences and Users & Group and used Directory Utility to join it back to the domain but it still continues to give me "unable to connect to server". I can ping the server from terminal from the workstation so it can talk to it.

Is there a way to get rid of all previous active directory bindings and completely reset the computer name so I can rejoin it back.

Thanks in advance for any sights and help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Did you delete the Mac computer object from AD?

Is the only DNS server on the Mac the domain controller?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 11.6" 1.6Ghz i5 4GB 128SSD/MBP Retina 15.4" 2.3Ghz i7 16GB 256SSD/iPhone 4s/iPad3
Yes the Mac Computer has already been deleted from the AD as well as all DNS records.
And yes that is the only domain controller.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
I remember there being a plist file related to directory binding.
Look in /Library/Preferences, I'm pretty sure it's in there. If you find it, back it up and then delete it.
Reboot and try again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.