Unlocking an iPhone 4s

Reaction score
I bought an iPhone 4s (Verizon) on eBay that has a bad ESN (unpaid balance) so I bought it along with a GEVEY sim card to unlock it.

I got the phone and realized it was still only on 5.1 so I've been trying to update it, but it always fails like when it says only 40 minutes are left.

Once I finally get this phone updated to 5.1.1, it still isn't activated. How do I do this?

I realize I need to jailbreak it before I unlock it.

I bought this phone with the intention on selling it so I don't have my sim card to use for it or anything like that. Do I have to go to a store like AT&T and get a sim card to use it?

I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense, kind of in a hurry so I apologize. If you have any questions about it, please ask.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

C

chas_m

To the best of my knowledge, you can't unlock an iPhone 4S with any of the recent firmware or baseband versions. Maybe the Gevey micro-SIM will work, but I haven't heard of any successes on that front.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.