Formatting Flash Drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
Boy I ask some dumb questions. I have a flash drive plugged into a USB port on my several year old MacBookPro (Mac OS X). I can read the files on the flash drive. I want to format the flash drive but I can't figure out how to do that! Thanks for any help on this!
Bill

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Boy I ask some dumb questions. I have a flash drive plugged into a USB port on my several year old MacBookPro (Mac OS X). I can read the files on the flash drive. I want to format the flash drive but I can't figure out how to do that! Thanks for any help on this!
Bill

Open Disk Utility in your utilities folder in APPs and use that to format the drive to either FAT32 or Mac OS Journalled (if you do Mac OS you won't be able to use the USB on a Windows machine BTW).

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
Open Disk Utility in your utilities folder in APPs and use that to format the drive to either FAT32 or Mac OS Journalled (if you do Mac OS you won't be able to use the USB on a Windows machine BTW).

Thanks for the reply/information - so easy when you know what you are doing :Blushing::Blushing:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.