Add print option to right click

Reaction score
I want to add a print option to the right click menu. I have searched and searched with no usable results; the things I do find are old (from 2009) and don't work on my machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

I have an iMac, OS X 10.6.8, 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Are you using Letter size paper?

Reaction score
Have you looked in the Service menu when you right click on something you want to print? You must have something selected to print before it will show up. If it's still not showing look under the name of the app at the top of the screen you are tring to print from and use the Service menu to select " Services Preferences" and see if Print selection is in the list and has a check mark beside it. If it's still not there download the Print Service Selection app and install. Schubert|it Free Stuff The Print Selection Service adds a Print Selection command to the Services menu and you can print the current selection from almost any application – even if the application doesn't support printing the selected data.

Screen Shot 2012-09-06 at 9.02.07 AM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Note: The thread and link are over four years old.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I suspect that the same functionality was created using Automator. It's relatively easy to create services that way. If it was, Automator actions sometimes break from one version of Automator to another. I'll see if i can create something similar. It might take me a day or two of poking around to get it working. @364dleepy What version of the OS are you using?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
That should work. I'll give it a test later today and see what happens. I was thinking of something similar to that though your method might be cleaner and more in line with what 364sleepy wants. I think my method would have replicated an pre OS X command that printed one copy of the selected document to the default printer without having to open the target app and trigger the print command.

TBH I had forgotten that I was supposed to work on this little project.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.