I'm thinking about getting an iBook 1GHz G4

I

ibookg4computer

Hey all,

I was thinking about getting a 1GHz G4 iBook with 384 MB SDRAM (I would get 640MB but its too expensive at the moment), Combo drive, and an Apple optical mouse. Good choice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
excellent computer but you should get your ram separately since it is much cheaper.

check out

welovemacs.com
memoryx.net

for memory and you will see its much cheaper

OP
I

ibookg4computer

trpnmonkey41 said:
excellent computer but you should get your ram separately since it is much cheaper.

check out

welovemacs.com
memoryx.net

for memory and you will see its much cheaper

Do you think that this machine will run OSX Panther quite smoothly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you should be fine. my cousin just got that machine but hasnt upgraded past 256 ram yet and hes good so far.

i run panther with my mac which you can see <--- and it runs panther fine

OP
L

lsuperguy

I too am planning on getting an iBook too. I was thinking about getting the 933 mhz model...should I just go for it and get the 1ghz model? Also I am planning on getting an ipod too (going for the major switcher of the year award!) .

Thanks for the tip on where to get more RAM for cheaper...

Also, Jaguar doesn't have any problems or anything like that I should know about does it?

Thanks all.

EDIT:
Also, the iBooks don't come with ANY wireless out of the box right? the only way to add wireless is to get that airport extreme card for 802.11g right? Just trying to make sure, becuase it wasn't quite clear to me from what I've read.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
there is nothing wrong with jaguar. panther just has some very ncie features in it. When you say that you were thinking of getting the 933 thats the G3 you are talking about right? The jump from the G3 to the G4 is worth the extra cash.

When i got my powerbook I was going to get a 933 G3 ibook but all of the people i talked to said that the 867 g4 is better

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.