Restoring Safari Bookmarks from Time Machine

Reaction score
So I know there are lots of questions out there that are answered for this but I feel I have a special situation.

My iPhoto had just stopped working a few weeks back and so I tried everything I could think of to fix it and the last resort was to completely reinstall it. My mac is an older version and so the only disk I had to reinstall was Leopard. So I made sure I backed everything up and then I proceeded with reinstalling everything.

I had finally installed everything and updated it back to Lion. However, when I first got my mac I had not been married and so my user account was with my maiden name. When I reinstalled everything, I put my new name instead (didn't realize at the time it was going to cause me so much pain).

Well, because of this, nothing knew where to be restored so I had to manual put things where they needed to be. And I've successfully restored everything except my safari bookmarks which had a lot of very important things bookmarked.

I've been told to move the safari bookmarks.plist file from TM to the new file on my computer, but it does nothing. I still have no bookmarks.

I have no idea what else to do, so if there is a way that I can restore them or even be able to find out what the addresses were that I had bookmarked, that would be great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.