Dead pixel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 13, 16gb ipad 3gen, iphone 5
Hi,
My friend gave me his 2011 MB pro 13" . It has dead pixels in it 4-5. It still is under the 1yr warranty. So my question is will apple fix/replace it, even though i didn't buy it at the first place ? Do i need to setup a appointment before going to the apple store ?
Also, if i were to replace the screen will it fix it ? what other way can it be fixed ?

My first post here & newbie mac user.
Tnx
JT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
If Apple covers it, it should be covered under the warranty. But, sometimes they won't cover dead pixels.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only time I've seen Apple replace a machine for several dead pixels is if it was within the two week purchase period. However, other folks have reported that Apple replaced their machine's display for dead pixels even after a year. So it depends. Post back if Apple won't cover it and I'll give you a couple of remedies you can try to in order to "cure" the dead pixels yourself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.