I need a few pointers with preview

Reaction score
I am used to Adobe products so bare with me.

I do a lot of commenting and markups on pdf.s and the tools i use the most are Poly Line and text leaders.

I can manage without the text leaders but polyline is an absolute must.

Does anyone know how to do a polyline in preview?

I was told be a Apple store employee that "Preview does everything Adobe does including all the markup and comments features"

I sure hope this one doesn't turn out to be another lie... so far I've been let down only a couple of times but I believe/hope most of my problems are self induced.

p.s.
Is there a shortcut for Backspace?

Is there a shortcut for REFRESH in safari?

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
Well, comparing Adobe Reader side by side with Preview, I would say that Preview has more annotating tools. But then Adobe Reader doesn't seem to have the features you are mentioning (at least on the Mac) so maybe I am misunderstanding.

I use Skim for reading and annotating PDFs. It can be downloaded free and legal from here.

To reload a page in Safari use cmd-R - all the keyboard shortcuts can be seen in the pull-down menus if you want to find more.

I'm not sure why you would want a keyboard shortcut for backspace - the key is right there in the top right? The only way I can make sense of you question is that, in iE if you press backspace you go back to the previous page. If this is what you are looking for (in Safari), then if you have a touchpad swiping two finger to the right will take you back a page.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Well, comparing Adobe Reader side by side with Preview, I would say that Preview has more annotating tools. But then Adobe Reader doesn't seem to have the features you are mentioning (at least on the Mac) so maybe I am misunderstanding.

I use Skim for reading and annotating PDFs. It can be downloaded free and legal from here.

To reload a page in Safari use cmd-R - all the keyboard shortcuts can be seen in the pull-down menus if you want to find more.

I'm not sure why you would want a keyboard shortcut for backspace - the key is right there in the top right? The only way I can make sense of you question is that, in iE if you press backspace you go back to the previous page. If this is what you are looking for (in Safari), then if you have a touchpad swiping two finger to the right will take you back a page.

Sorry should have been more specific Adobe Acrobat is what i use.

As far as backspace On my MBP there is only delete and when typeing editing i like to delete the other direction to, I found the answer though it is fn + delete

OP
Y
Reaction score
Still looking for a solution here... most importantly is there a polyline tool in preview. i would like to know instead of making 500 separate lines

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.