Jailbroken iPod touch, running iOS 5.1.1 will not charge on Windows PC.

Reaction score
Basically, my iPod (4th gen), will not charge when connected to my laptop, without iTunes, as I had completely drained tha battery, whilst erasing All Content and Settings.

Now it will not function, nor charge.

What should I do?

It does not have an Apple warranty. And would be void anyway, if I had one.

EDIT: So, Im guessing that that they wont fix it. :(

Thanks,

jimmybobby

Reaction score
I don't know for a 100% whether this will work, but it's worth a try...

Go to control panel, then to performance and maintenance, then to system, then click on the hardware tab, then to device manager.
Then plug in your ipod and find it there in the list (if you can) somewhere and uninstall it, then reinstall it back.

Ibanezi

OP
J
Reaction score
;

Go to control panel, then to performance and maintenance, then to system, then click on the hardware tab, then to device manager.
Then plug in your ipod and find it there in the list (if you can) somewhere and uninstall it, then reinstall it back.

Ibanezi

Ok, erm...
1. Will it actually work - as i said - i has wiped it ondevice, and it ran out of battery in the process.
2. I was running ios 5.1.1 jailbroken - cant remember what tool

Thanks for reply

OP
J
Reaction score

Ibanezi

Just tried that, to no avail - plus if it connected, it would make a sound.
:(

Any ideas???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.