What's my printer's URL?

H

Harryc

What is the model printer and does it directly attach to your LAN/ethernet or does it connect to a print server/router. If it's a print server or router...what's the model?

OP
ripfrankwhite
Reaction score
The Mac and PC are connected in two ways I think. The first one, which I'm sure of is the ethernet cable. It connects them both and allows me to share files.

The printer is connected to the AirPort Extreme via USB. My internet connection runs into the AirPort and connects my Mac to the web wirelessly. My PC does not have a wireless card, so I connected the PC to the AirPort with a cable. Now they both an internet connection with the AirPort. The Mac is wireless and the PC is wired.

So that is the situation. I have done all I can do to allow for sharing the printer and I don't know what else to do. I'm not even sure which connection will allow for the printer to be shared. Is it the direct connection thru ethernet or the indirect connection thru the AirPort? Anyway, I'm lost. Thanks for any suggestions.

The printer is a cheap Lexmark Z611. It was only $24.99 at Wal-Mart. I'm beginning to wonder if that's the problem.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What model/make is the printer? I take it neither windows or OSx will not find the printer??

OP
ripfrankwhite
Reaction score
The Mac prints fine. The PC recognizes the printer when I run Bonjour. It just won't print. It says that is is not communicating and that I should unplug and re-plug the usb cable.

OP
ripfrankwhite
Reaction score
But if I unplug the printer from the AirPort and plug it directly into the PC, then it works fine. But it wont print from the Mac.

But no matter which machine the printer is connected to, I can view it on both machines. I just can't print on both.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.