saving images from web

Reaction score
Hi, I have found that sometimes, when trying to save images to my desktop from the web (in full size) i am unable to. I use CTRL and click on the image to get the dialogue box in which "save image as" appears...only it happens sometimes not every time?

Can anyone tell me why that is?I would hate to have to resort to a PC just to use the right click option but it is starting to be annoying. Perhaps some of the images are saved in a bad format?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
A lot of websites use code on the sites to restrict downloading of images and thus disable right clicks on images. This is not a OS X limitation, but a feature of the site that would be present with Windows as well. One way around this is to use a software that downloads the entire site locally and you can grab the images from there.

However, it's very important to do this only with public domain or creative common licensed images. Any copyrighted images cannot be downloaded without express permission..

OP
C
Reaction score
i have permission to use the site for work - it had images in a photo album but the strange thing was that the option to "save image as" only appears sometimes, not every time. With a couple of images it didn't appear the first couple of times i clicked on it..and then did.

I found a way round it -
I have discovered that i could CTRL click on the thumbnail - then open the image in a new window...this would open the jpg separately and i could save from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.