Early Apple TV Won't Access Movies

Reaction score
I have an early Apple TV running 3.0.2 software (the most current for this device).
I can't access movies from the iTunes Store, I can access the store to get TV shows, podcasts and music but the movie option is not available.

I also can't see movies downloaded to my MacBook Pro even when it is parred with the Apple TV. I can share TV shows, music and pictures but not movies.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
How long have you had this problem, or is it a recent one?
How many times have you tried?

If the problem is just recent, it may be an issue with the authentication servers.
Do you get a warning or error notification?

If the answer to the last 2 questions is no, then it may be prudent to contact support.
They will most likely be happy to give you a refund, so you can repurchase and try again.

SM

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks. I solved the problem by restoring the system. After the restore everything worked great. I had installed some 3rd party applications on the device and these may have caused the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.