can't use time machine to find photos

Reaction score
I have snow leopard (Mac OS X 10.6) and iPhoto '09. I recently started the iPhoto application and then invoked Time Machine to restore a picture, but Time Machine won't show me any photos in my library.

While in Time Machine I see the reduced-size iPhoto window, with "iPhoto" in the title at the top center of the window. On the upper left side of the window I see "iPhoto" in blue along with the regular iPhoto logo and a spiral of death. The body of the window is empty (white) except for the words "Loading photos..." I am able to switch to an earlier date in Time Machine, but I see the same thing -- an empty (white) window with just "Loading photos..."

I have been able to use Time Machine to restore photos in the past. I have a lot of photos in my iPhoto library (22,323 items) and I am still able to access them just fine with iPhoto, but I am really concerned that I can no longer rely on Time Machine for my iPhoto backups.

I thought it might just need a long time to load the library because I have so many photos, so I let it run all night, but it was still spiraling away when I came down this morning.

My Time Machine backs up to an external hard drive, and it is working fine for other applications.

Any suggestions? I am new to Mac Forums, so if I have posted this question in the wrong place, please advise.

Thanks

Reaction score
viewing individual photos in Time Machine's iphoto backup

I have the same question as the one posted above. Was there an answer?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.