Revert Mountain Lion Dock Back to Original

Reaction score
I wanted to do change my Mountain Lion dock appearance, so I downloaded the app from Leopard Docks. Only the indicator lights were changed, but I didn't like it, so I used the app option of getting back to the original ones, but instead I got something different. I tried downloading the original mountain lion dock package and using another app to change it, but I still can't get the original indicator lights back (it looks like this:
ejg3ly.jpg
). Any suggestions ?Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As you found out, the Mountain Lion Dock can no longer be altered as was possible in previous versions of OS X. Only the indicator lights can be changed and depending on which program you're using, even that can be iffy.

Try this: Download the free "SuperDocker" from here. Note - that it can not change the appearance of the Dock but it will change the indicator lights and get you back to before you changed them. Actually, the indicator lights this program offers are nice. You may like them.

OP
P
Reaction score
As you found out, the Mountain Lion Dock can no longer be altered as was possible in previous versions of OS X. Only the indicator lights can be changed and depending on which program you're using, even that can be iffy.

Try this: Download the free "SuperDocker" from here. Note - that it can not change the appearance of the Dock but it will change the indicator lights and get you back to before you changed them. Actually, the indicator lights this program offers are nice. You may like them.

Thank you very much, I'll try this software.

ETA: I tried the software and now I ended up with this
dcdm5g.jpg
, all I want is to get back to the simple indicator lights that are default to ML.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.