Copy photos from one iPhoto event to another

Reaction score
I'm having trouble moving photos from one iPhoto "event" to another! I've tried to "copy" in one event and "paste" in another, but it doesn't happen! The photo stays in the original "event" folder! Can anyone help?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Select the photos and then drag them to the other event in the sidebar. If that doesn't work for you post back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
You can do what Razormac suggests in the main Events viewer window as well.

C

chas_m

This indicates a fundamental misunderstanding of what Events ARE.

Events are pictures grouped by the time they were taken. Given that, of course you can't move photos from one event to another.

You can merge whole Events together by dragging one Event on top of another, but I suspect that's not what you want to do.

The actual solution here is to create an ALBUM. An album can have photos drawn from any event gathered together in any order or by any criteria you like, albums are entirely hand-chosen.

You also have the option of creating a smart album, where the photos that go in it are picked automatically based on a set of criteria you select. So, for example, "all photos with the tag 'birthday'" would be an example criteria of a smart album, and would automatically add any pictures with the tag "birthday" regardless of when they were taken.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
You're right in that respect Chas, I misread the OP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.