What OS for my POWERBOOK?

Reaction score
I got a 233m 256mb 20hd 14inc cd drive powerbook, what is the best OS that I can run and the old but reliable beast :dummy:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
10.2.8 Go on ebay and buy a copy of OS X version 10.2 (Jaguar) and then use software update from the apple menu to get to 10.2.8.

J

jn4jenny

VEGAS4EVER said:
I got a 233m 256mb 20hd 14inc cd drive powerbook, what is the best OS that I can run and the old but reliable beast :dummy:

Dude, that is old school. Props for getting the thing running!

If you can afford it, you can actually max out the RAM to 512MB. That's not what's listed for the machine, but people have done it. See this article for more: http://www.lowendmac.com/pb2/g3series.shtml.

And I agree that Jaguar is probably the best you can get out of the thing. Remember to buy it on CD, not DVD. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
jn4jenny said:
And I agree that Jaguar is probably the best you can get out of the thing. Remember to buy it on CD, not DVD. :)

I'll have to agree here.. I had 10.2.8 on my PB when I bought it, it's really cool, doens't have spotlight or dashboard and it's a bit different looking, but runs great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.