New Macbook Pro 13'' won't recognize headphones

Reaction score
I bought my new Macbook Pro 13'' last month (more than two weeks ago), and for some reason started to use it yesterday. Today, when I was going to listen to music, I plugged in the headphone but the audio was played through the internal speaker. I tried another two pairs, and they won't work, either. I checked System Preferences, but there are no headphones found; the mac simply can't recognize earphones!

It's really frustrating that a brand new mac is flawed!:'( I searched the web and it seems that many people met this problem. Some answers talked about a red light in the headphone jack... I don't quite get that... But there's no red light shining whether or not I am playing music.

Any idea? Thank you very much!

Kevin

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your computer is only two weeks old and still under warranty. If the headphone jack is not working take it on in to Apple and have them look at it. You should have tried out your new computer right away. Now you're probably beyond the 14 day period where you could have returned it for a new one.

C

chas_m

Is it possible that you are sticking the headphones into the mic port? Some models have two "headphone" jacks -- input and output.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
He has a MBP 13" model. Only one jack.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.