Drawing toolbar in Word 2011?

Reaction score
Where is the drawing toolbar on Word 2011?
It isn't visible on any toolbar menus; I can only find the commands in the customize menu.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I moved your post to a separate thread since you tagged it on to a post that was 6 years old. I also gave it a title.

Now to answer your question....

When first opening Word 2011 you'll be greeted by the document gallery. From the gallery, select the "Publishing Layout" template. Either the blank one or another that you wish to use. Word will open in publishing mode and the drawing toolbar will be in the home position at the top. You should then have access to all the drawing tools offered by Word.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks.
But publishing layout seems very cumbersome for word processing (no ribbon).
Is there no way to get the drawing toolbar visible in print layout? I tried creating a custom toolbar called "drawing" and was told it already existed. I will try to make a toolbar with a different name and put all the drawing commands on it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know what you're selecting in the layout view, but the ribbon is indeed there when you switch to "Publishing Layout", unless you somehow turned it off. I'm looking at my ribbon right now and I'm in Publishing Layout mode with the drawing toolbar in view. The full ribbon is not shown as it would be when in Print Layout simply because the objects and options needed are different when Publishing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.