iPhone 4 on the Japanese networks

Reaction score
So I have recently moved to Japan and my initial thought was that connecting my phone up with a Japanese phone provider would be easy.... It's not.
All of the networks straight up refused to enable my iPhone (from New Zealand, unlocked).

I've been here for a month and I was forced to buy another phone, iPhone 4 was $600 + contract so I went with the Motorola Photon through the AU network, they gave me the phone for free with a 2 year contract.
I miss my iPhone (The camera on the Motorola is crap compared to the iPhone and android suck in my opinion) I was wondering if it is possible to connect it up with the contract I have got from AU.

Do I have to Jailbreak the phone? Has anyone faced this problem before?

Any info would be great,
thanks

OP
D
Reaction score
I thought it had a sim card, but from what I can tell it doesn't.

My friend has an iPhone on the Japanese network, and I have tried to put his micro sim into my iPhone but it does not connect. I am not very phone savvy, so I don't know if the network over here is GSM.

If I got my hands on a micro sim that is connected to a network, do you think I can get my iPhone to work? Even if that means jailbreaking it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.