Hook wireless router to time capsule

Reaction score
So, I just bought a TV (LG LM5800), that needs a wired internet connection. It is to far away to run a wire to my Time Capsule
I have another Netgear router in the closet.

My thoughts are to setup the netgear wirelessly, place it by the TV, then hookup the TV (wired to the Netgear router)

Pulled the netgear out of the closet, hooked it up (wired) to the time capsule and I see the "new network", and it works. (Rick-PC)

Isn't there a way to hook up the netgear to the time capsule wirelessly so I can place it by the TV? Then hook up the TV to the net gear (wired)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
That depends on if the NetGear router supports the feature to "extend" an existing wireless network. If it doesn't, then Apple's AirPort Express is perfectly suited for that.

OP
M
Reaction score
That depends on if the NetGear router supports the feature to "extend" an existing wireless network. If it doesn't, then Apple's AirPort Express is perfectly suited for that.

How do I figure out if the netgear has that? ( WNR1000)
If it does not, could I just reverse the router. I understand that the time capsule has Aiport?

So, hook up the Netgear to my Comcast cable (internet) box, then hookup the TC wirelessly to the netgear?

Then plug the TV into the TC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
How do I figure out if the netgear has that? ( WNR1000)

Read the manual. It should be available on Netgear's website if you don't have the original.

EDIT: here it is:
ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/WNR1000_UM_WW_26Jan09.pdf

EDIT 2: Looks like it does support it. It's referred to as the "wireless repeater function".

EDIT 3: another manual:
ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/WNR1000_SM_WW_23Jan09.pdf

If it does not, could I just reverse the router. I understand that the time capsule has Aiport?

So, hook up the Netgear to my Comcast cable (internet) box, then hookup the TC wirelessly to the netgear?

Then plug the TV into the TC?

That should work if it comes to it. Just change the Wireless option on the Time Capsule from Create a wireless network to Extend a wireless network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.