Battery for MacBook 13-inch Early 2008

Reaction score
Hi,

My original MacBook battery swelled up and became un-usable. I took it to the mac store praying that they might be kind enough to offer a replacement (The battery was in great condition and still held a good charge. The swelling I felt was a defect of the battery, even though it was 3+ years old)

However they told me I would have to buy a new one myself and as I'm too keen on spending loads on an official battery I'm looking at batteries on Amazon.

I've found one but not too sure if it's compatible with my MacBook.

The titel seems fine, but then in the technical info it says:

Compatible with Apple MacBook Pro 13" Series, 5000 MAH

As mine isn't a 'Pro 13" series" I assume it won't work but by judging from the pictures it for use with the white Poly MacBooks.

Either way any help would be great. Here is the one I was looking at:

SAI Quality Replacement Apple Macbook 13-Inch Battery, 5600mAh: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Any other recommendations for replacement batteries available to use in the UK, would also be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for time and help!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only battery recommendations I can give you are here in the US and that's not going to help. However, the battery you pointed to on Amazon UK is an inexpensive one. Sometimes inexpensive replacement batteries will fail after a short period of time and may cause problems with your machine. Might be best to shop around a bit more for a better quality battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
At work I see third party batteries in Mac's. I always ask the customers opinion of the battery and it's been mainly negative. They die early, they fail from new, they are a bad fit, I could go on Most came from dealers on ebay.co.uk. The only third party battery I ever recommend is for the PowerBook G4 range, as they are no longer available from Apple, and a more expensive one from VIS. Basically, you get what you pay for.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thank you for both your replies!

Extremely helpful advice. I realize that it's not going to be up to par to an official Apple battery, in every aspect. But as I can't even fit the original battery in my laptop now I've been tethered to the AC lead every since.

So I'm just looking for something that will last an hour or so away from the AC. I imagine I will be using the AC 90% so willing to make some sacrifices to save some money.

One of the problems is like I said, I'm not always too sure which batteries are compatible with my MacBook. If the battery above supports my MacBook then I'll buy that I think but the technical information on the page seems to make out that it won't support my laptop??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.