Mountain Lion & Screen Saver Photos

Reaction score
I feel dumb asking this question, but it needs to be done.
I used to use a folder in iPhoto as screen saver. Ever since my computer (iMac from Late 2009) was upgraded to Mountain Lion this has not been possible. When I go to System Preferences & Screen Saver preferences, that folder (iPhoto) is dimmed. I spent a lot of time to figure this out, but no success. Can someone please help me?
Thank you.
Bimbisara

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I feel dumb asking this question, but it needs to be done.
I used to use a folder in iPhoto as screen saver. Ever since my computer (iMac from Late 2009) was upgraded to Mountain Lion this has not been possible. When I go to System Preferences & Screen Saver preferences, that folder (iPhoto) is dimmed. I spent a lot of time to figure this out, but no success. Can someone please help me?

What version of iPhoto are you running? Are you able to select anything at all under iPhoto?

Try rebuilding the iPhoto library:
https://support.apple.com/kb/HT2638

OP
B
Reaction score
iPhoto version 8.1.2 (2009)
iPhoto by itself is working OK. I can see the Events Folder under Desktop tab of the Screen Saver settings, but it is dimmed when clicked on the other tab. I used to have this set up earlier, but wanted to see some other photos for a change. Now I cannot go back.
Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
iPhoto version 8.1.2 (2009)
iPhoto by itself is working OK. I can see the Events Folder under Desktop tab of the Screen Saver settings, but it is dimmed when clicked on the other tab. I used to have this set up earlier, but wanted to see some other photos for a change. Now I cannot go back.
Thanks for your help.

I take it that rebuilding the iPhoto library didn't work out?

More likely than not, you'll have to upgrade to the latest version of iPhoto. It's on the Mac App Store.

OP
B
Reaction score
I take it that rebuilding the iPhoto library didn't work out?

More likely than not, you'll have to upgrade to the latest version of iPhoto. It's on the Mac App Store.

You were right. Thank you for the suggestion.
When I tried to upgrade iPhoto before installation a message popped up saying that my iPhoto did not come from Apple store. In fact it was one of the programs that came with the computer, which was purchased directly from Apple (shipped from China). That explains as to why it was dimmed and could not be clicked on.
Now everything is hunky dory!
Bimbisara

Reaction score
Access to Screensaver Photos?

I love the built-in screensaver in Mac OS that shows pictures from one of my own photo folders, especially those that show multiple photos in cool arrangement. Great way to see you photos in a new context. BUT, I want to be able to GRAB/Access photos when I see them. Anything out there? Any way for me (or more likely someone good) to rewrite existing screen savers or request such a product? From whom? THX. :$:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.