Newbie help with day 6 game finder software

Reaction score
help please! rookie so I apologize in advance if these are very basic questions.

I am trying to use the "Game Finder" software from Day 6 outdoors for a "plot watcher Pro trail camera". I am using a MacBook Air - very little hard disk space left so I also purchased a WD My Book Live to use for the storage of these videos (and time machine backup)

(The My book live is STILL doing its initial time machine backup - started yesterday and says it has 13 hours left! I guess this is because the transfer is over wi-fi???)

I am using the camera to take lots of pics to record a home building project so I will have massive amount of data.

I have been told that I need to change the .TLV of the videos to .AVI. ???

Here are my questions...
1..once i insert my SD card, can i take the video files directly to the my book live? if so, how? and how do i organize them properly?
2. how can i view or edit them...iMovie? if so, how do i get around the limited disk space on this macbook air? The game finder software allows viewing but ideally id like to be able to link them together to show a nice time lapse video of the contraction...and not have it be ridiculously big file.
3. what about the file extension change....TLV to .AVI how does this happen and why?

***I am also in the transition of updating to mountain lion but i think it had to stop since HD space? I know there are things i could delete to free up space but i dont know how to find them. I used finder to look at the big files and deleted what i could. The color graph showing my storage space had a pretty large chunk of 'OTHER" what is that and how do i find it?

Sorry for all the random questions!

THANK YOU!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Lots to go at.
Let's start with space. Rule number 1 only delete apps you don't need anymore that you installed. Only delete files you can identify in movies, music, documents, downloads.
Don't go elsewhere in the system looking for things to delete.

Once you've gotten rid of, or copied to your external, all the files you don't need on your Mac download Onyx (make sure to get the right one for your version of OSX) and run all the automated scripts.

Once that's done post back and we'll start on your video questions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.