CanoScan LiDE 110 problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC OS X v. 10.9.3
Does anyone know why my new CanoScan LiDE 110 should suddenly start giving me totally black scans???!! (When it's been working perfectly well?) :[

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC OS X v. 10.9.3
BTW..... yes I have reinstalled the driver, and no it still doesn't work! :Not-Amused:

Reaction score
I had the same problem before cause some light got inside the lid so you have to push it with pressure to prevent any light in..

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC OS X v. 10.9.3
I had the same problem before cause some light got inside the lid so you have to push it with pressure to prevent any light in..
Thanks for your suggestion, but just tried again with a heavy box on top of it, and it STILL didn't work! :Grimmace:

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC OS X v. 10.9.3
Clearly nobody is really interested in my boring problem, and I've done everything it's possible to do. So the whole thing is going back to the shop tomorrow, sod it! :(

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC OS X v. 10.9.3
I just tried one more thing before packing up the scanner - I plugged it directly into the Mac rather the hub I was using, and it worked! (Clearly not enough welly there......) :D

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What software are you using to do the capture? When I had my Canoscan Lide-25, I used the Image Capture tool to first preview the document, select the right rectangle and then do the actual capture.

Do you get a black screen in preview mode as well?

Can you connect this scanner to another machine and confirm that it's working?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.