Yahoo Mail Composition Increases Font Size Every Return Line in Firefox!

Reaction score
OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, Macbook Pro 13", May 2011.

When composing in Yahoo Mail (Firefox only) the font size is completely unstable, increasing every time return is pressed. Also, the font I see is smaller than the font indicated by the font box. Doesn't happen in Safari. Setting the font in Firefox preferences doesn't cure the problem and only upsets viewing of all other sites.
This problem has been occuring for the past few weeks.

The only way to write a homogeneous email is to compose it in the inevitably-increasing font-sizes, then select all and set the font size desired before sending. Any minor alterations at this stage will send the fonts screwy again! It's all very strange and no one else has posted about it anywhere. I find Firefox is better overall than Safari except for this weird flaw and saving web pages as single archive files.

What could be causing this problem? Firefox is up-to-date. Could buying the Lion OS help? Thanks.

Reaction score
font size increasing by line

OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, Macbook Pro 13", May 2011.
When composing in Yahoo Mail (Firefox only) the font size is completely unstable, increasing every time return is pressed....

I'm facing the same exact problem. It's very frustrating. even sometimes when I move the cursor from the first the second line, the font size changes. Does anyone have any solutions?
I have Firefox 15.0
OS X 10.7.4

Thnx.
jad

OP
T
Reaction score
I'm facing the same exact problem. It's very frustrating. even sometimes when I move the cursor from the first the second line, the font size changes. Does anyone have any solutions? jad

It's crazy to be doing this in 2012. Must be lots of Mac/Firefox users of Yahoo Mail affected. Easiest solution is to select all text and resize it before sending, or use Safari.

OP
T
Reaction score
However even re-sizing the text before sending leaves irregularities in spacing and fonts.

Really weird; can't understand why no one complains or fixes it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.