Making Mountain Lion Boot Disc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i5, 4GB, 500Gb HD, MBP372B/A, 15.6"
Hi all,

Forgive me for asking but I have searched and cannot find answer to this, but I might have missed it if there is one.

I am wanting to do a clean install of OSX Mountain Lion. I have already upgraded and it is running ok on my Mid 2010 MBP.

I am currently running Software OS X 10.8.1 (12B19)

I want to do a clean install on this machine as it is a bit cluttered after two festivals and two wedding seasons, and it was upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion and now to Mountain Lion.

However, when I go to create the disc image through Disk Utility and burn the Installer it is telling me that there is not enough room on the DVD. They are however, 4.7Gb Blank Writeable Discs.

It says the image is only 4.35Gb, so I do not understand this.

I also have a 16Gb USB memory stick, as one large drive, and it also says the same for this.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Not sure why its happening, but have you tried the Lion Disk Maker? I think that is the name of the software, I'm not at home to check.

Edit: lifeisabeach beat me to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.