Share iPhoto Library over home network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20
I keep my iPhoto Library on a MacPro (which sits in my office at home) and is well backed up. I am trying to "de clutter" my office and so would like to be able to move the Pro into the home "machine cupboard" under the stairs and access it over our home network from a MacBook.

Before doing that I am checking that most of what I do on the MacPro can run happily over our home network.

I am running into (what looks like) incompatibility issues between 2 (very similar) versions of iPhoto as follows:

On my MacPro which runs Lion I have iPhoto 11 9.3.2 (670.63)
On my Macbook Pro which runs Snow Leopard I have iPhoto 9.2.3 (629.52)

I have set permissions and access on the MacPro iPhoto Library so that I can browse to the iPhoto Library from the Macbook but when I try to open the Library from the Macbook I get the message attached telling me the versions are incompatible

I will be getting a newer Macbook for work before Christmas which should come with Mountain Lion and I would assume that if I update the iPhoto then to the latest version on that machine that I should be able to make this work but until then I think I am stuck ?

Any other ideas and any other thoughts on similar set ups ?

The other main data on the Pro I would want to access remotely is iTunes but have not looked at that yet and in any case I think I can manage iTunes from the iPad and sync changes back.

Screen shot 2012-08-31 at 19.40.51.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.