Slow Transfers b/t Mac and PC

J

Jordan

Greetings all,

Quick question: I was transfering files (~30 gigs worth) from my iBook to my PC Desktop using an ethernet cable (CNet PRO200WL ethernet card in my PC) and my D-Link Router (DI-524). However, the transfer speed was really slow. It took ~ 8 hours to do the transfer. I connected with a friends PC a while back and transfered a couple gigs in no time. Any ideas what could be causing the slow transfer? Someone said it might be my ethernet card in my PC but it is 10/100 as I understand it.

Any other options for me?

Cheers,

Jordan

OP
B

Biturbo V12 AMG

sounds about right to me. it takes an hour to move 25 gigs of files at firewire rated 400mbps. a lot has to do with your router most routers cant get the rated 100mbps also could be a cable problem. also one of your computers might have a slow HD and that can take a long time to upload/recive information another factor is other network traffic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.