Mac & Windows Network

Reaction score
Hoping someone will be able to help me out here... We have a Windows network and are just now starting to get some macs into the mix. I have figured out how to add them to the domain and get them logging in with their network accounts, but they are not able to do so if they are off the network. Can someone please tell me if there is an easy way to set this up so users are able to log into their mac when they are off the network?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm trying to understand what you're asking here...

When your members are using their Macs on the network they can log in using network credentials. But you would like to know if they can log on to their Macs when not on the network. In other words, use the machine as stand alone off the network?

OP
J
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand what you're asking here...

When your members are using their Macs on the network they can log in using network credentials. But you would like to know if they can log on to their Macs when not on the network. In other words, use the machine as stand alone off the network?

Yes. Say if the user would take their laptop home and want to work... Need to know how they can continue to login with their profile. Not necessarily access network drives and what not.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm sure someone else will pop in here with a better suggestion..... But I would just setup a separate account on each machine for the user, one that they can use at home without the network and sharing. Once back in the office and hooked up to the network again, they can log in to their "work" account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.