Thinking of Switching to mac

A

aqau

Okay, I am planning on getting a new computer some time soon. I currenty have an HP with Microsoft Windows XP Proffesional and I was debating whether or not I should switch to mac. If i did I was thinking about getting the iMac G5. But then, I was also thinking about just getting one of the new HP's with the Windows XP Media Center Editions...those look pretty cool. I was just wondering if you guys could give me some good reasons to go with the iMac.
Thanks a lot,

Aqau:confused:

OP
A

aqau

Also, why doesn't the iMac have a modem. can i add one, and how much do they cost?

OP
A

aqau

Are there any stores i can go to to just like check out the imac, cuz i haven't seen any sotres that sell them

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
go for a mac. dont crash and compatible with a lot more things than windows. i currently have an ibook g4 and a compaq windows machine. i prefer my ibook g4 generaly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
christm said:
compatible with a lot more things than windows.

I disagree, if Macintosh was more compatible than they would be the majority leader. I agree they are compatible with most things, but I have to say that Windows is the leader on that one.

To the main point of this thread, what is it that you want to do with your computer? Why are you looking at getting a mac all of a sudden? What is wrong with the computer you have now? Why not keep the computer you have now, and get a macmini, and a kvm switch, that way you are only out 500 bucks, if you decide you don't like macs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 20"- 2.1.Processor, 1.5 G Ram
Mac- U get to use it.

Windows- U get to fight with it.

Any other dumb questions- DA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Seriously Do the Switch. I did, Compatibility shoudlnt be a factor. As far as Games...You just have to buy them through apple...or Compusa...or who ever sells MAC Versions. But with software. %75 of Software has Mac Specs on it, the other few % you just have to find the Mac Version of it. I havent had a problem yet, i have the Mac mini....my Windows Laptop Crashes and gets virus' atleast every other day.

Sucks but oh well

OP
A

aqau

Well thanks a lot for you help...i did just realize that i really do hate windows. i know this forum is all about mac, but does anyone know anything about linux.

OP
A

aqau

i mostly use my computer for making animations (a hobbie, use macromedia Flash MX) , the internet, im learning web design and other things online/chatting with friends, some games, and doing random things. And the thing is, i am at my business using this computer, and i spend a little too much time down here so im getting a computer for myself

OP
A

aqau

nevermind don't need to know anything about mac... I've made my decision, im swithcing to mac. just don't know what computer to get yet

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.