can't remove it

Reaction score
Hallo

Unfortunatly I have installe the programma Drive Genius 3 Pulse.
The program is still active and I don't know how to remove it!
Ik can't find the program on my IMAC.
Can you please help me?

Regards

HH:\

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open your "Activity Monitor" (Applications, Utilities, Activity Monitor.app) and look for all processes that say "Drive Genius". Highlight them one at a time and press the small Stop Sign at the top of the menu bar. Do that until all the Drive Genius processes are stopped. Keep the Activity Monitor open and then go ahead and delete Drive Genius. It should work.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks!

Open your "Activity Monitor" (Applications, Utilities, Activity Monitor.app) and look for all processes that say "Drive Genius". Highlight them one at a time and press the small Stop Sign at the top of the menu bar. Do that until all the Drive Genius processes are stopped. Keep the Activity Monitor open and then go ahead and delete Drive Genius. It should work.

Thanks a lot , it works!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, download and read the Drive Genius manual. Look on page 66 for the uninstall instructions and follow them. Here is the LINK to the manual.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
That's the problem, i can't find the program

Try downloading the free app Appcleaner from here FreeMacSoft if you are struggling.

It should find all the related files and remove them for you.

Also I would steer clear of costly maintenance apps for Mac. Onyx is widely used by folks on here if they need such an app but generally the OS has all the tools you need to do the same job.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's the problem, i can't find the program

It's probably lurking in one of your startup folders. Rather than go digging around in the system library, download the program again and use the uninstall procedure in the manual. Appcleaner may or may not work. It can find usual files like preferences, however, files dug in the system library are harder to find.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Usually that is the best way to get rid of any unwanted drive maintenance utilities. Even the best of them often have files in places you would not think to look. That's not a knock on that program jucst a characteriestic of that type of utility. I actually have it installed at the moment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.