Startup Disk repair?

Reaction score
In the last two weeks after I install a new SSD in place of my old HDD I found two times the warning of Onyx that is needed the repair of the Startup Disk using Disk Utility from recovery (Command-R). The Disk utility message is "some minor problems with the blocks" (or something similar) and I would like to know what is the matter with this. I also must say I have made a clean install of Lion OSX and also a new install of all my applications, folders and files from Apple store and my backup drive. Whats the problem? There is something I can do? :Lips-Are-Sealed:

Reaction score
If this problem exists after a full OS re-install, it's probably a bad drive.

I had a wonky Intel SSD that drove me crazy with this exact thing.

Did you try doing a low-level format? That can sometimes help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What brand SSD?

Contact their chat or support forums and ascertain if it is compatible with SMARTReporter and/or Onyx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Do you repair the errors once and they came back, or is it the same error again? If you didn't fix the error, fix them and see if they come back. If you already fixed them and they came back, it may be an SSD problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.