Hey guys, is this a good deal?

Reaction score
processor - 2.8ghz Intel Core 2
memory - 8 GB
hard drive - 500HDD 7
Graphics - Nvidia 512mb GDDR5
battery - 9 Hours
500HDD 7200 RPM Mountain LION!

With the high-res option, how much would you price that at?
This an ad for a second hand macbook and I was wondering how much you guys think its worth so I can find out if it's a good deal or not.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Go to the Mac2Sell site and put in the specs for the machine and it will give you an approximate price. You need the year, model, and options that the machine has.

Note, however, that prices may be higher on eBay, Craig's list, and from local sellers. So judge accordingly.

OP
D
Reaction score
Go to the Mac2Sell site and put in the specs for the machine and it will give you an approximate price. You need the year, model, and options that the machine has.

Note, however, that prices may be higher on eBay, Craig's list, and from local sellers. So judge accordingly.

Are you sure that's accurate? Only $750?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Like I stated above.... prices may be higher on eBay and elsewhere. Those prices on Mac2Sell reflect the average going price. If someone is willing to pay more, then so be it. I recently sold a machine for $150 more than what Mac2Sell stated it was worth.

Reaction score
processor - 2.8ghz Intel Core 2
memory - 8 GB
hard drive - 500HDD 7
Graphics - Nvidia 512mb GDDR5
battery - 9 Hours
500HDD 7200 RPM Mountain LION!

With the high-res option, how much would you price that at?.
I wouldn't pay more than $500, tops.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I wouldn't pay more than $500, tops.

Kind of hard to put a true value on this computer...since we don't know if it's a 15" or 17" model.

But believe me...if it was a 17" model I would buy 10 of these at $500 each!!!:) If it is a 17"...it's would be worth every penny if it were being sold for $750.

Recently I've been looking for a used 2-3 year-old 17" MacBook Pro. Any used 2009 or newer 17" MacBook Pro is worth at least $750 (if it's working 100%, and has a good battery)...and more $$$ if it is a newer model.

Of course if it's a 15" model it would be worth less than a 17"...but still worth a good bit more than $500...since even some of the last "Unibody" model MacBooks from 2009-2010 are still selling for more than $500.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Doesn't matter to me - that's the most I would pay. If anything, the 17" would be worth less to me.

I disagree.

What may be being forgotten is...we are trying to help the OP with their question...NOT what a particular model Macintosh laptop is worth to a single user with their personal needs/likes & dislikes.

Someone making comments that they wouldn't pay more than $500 for this computer does't help the OP with their question.

This computer is worth much more than $500. This is based on what the used computer market as a whole is willing to pay for it...not how much a single user values the computer within their particular computing situation.

- Nick

Reaction score
This computer is worth much more than $500.
Any item is only worth what someone is willing to pay. I'm not willing to pay more than $500 - to me, that's all it is worth.

The OP MAY find someone willing to pay $700, $1000 or maybe even $1500 for it. But it doesn't matter if some buyer, somewhere, is willing to pay $1000+ for it, if the OP does not find that buyer.

The specific question from the OP was "I was wondering how much you guys think its worth". I specifically answered this question and stated what I thought it was worth.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Any item is only worth what someone is willing to pay. I'm not willing to pay more than $500 - to me, that's all it is worth.

The main point is...the OP is interested in what a reasonable price is for this computer. A reasonable price is what the current used computer market has determined that it is worth (which is based on 100's or 1000's of transactions of buying & selling of this computer model)...and that value currently is somewhere in the $750 dollar range.

The OP in not interested in individual computer users unrealistic valuations of a used computer. Someone replying to this thread could say..."This computer is only worth $100, $250, $350, or $500 to me."

All these valuations are unrealistic...since this person or persons probably aren't interested in the computer in the first place.

This sort of reply is really not very helpful to the OP...and if someone does not have anything helpful to post...then maybe no post should be made!

This is not a discussion point...so please refrain from posting further replies! Thanks.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.