Calendar Syncing Is Hit And Miss...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s
Hi All,

I am using Mountain Lion and an iPhone 4S. My apps all seem to be syncing fine, and have been for weeks now.. with the exception of calendar. It is real hit and miss. Sometimes it syncs fine.. others it syncs properly after a day or two.. other times it doesn't sync at all.

This is becoming increasingly frustrating for me. I guess I would like to know if anybody else is having this issue, or better yet if anybody knows a fix.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a third party app alternative to Calendar that they can vouch for that would be great also.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What are you using to sync, itunes, iCloud or both

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What are you using to sync, itunes, iCloud or both

I would like to be able to rely on iCloud. However at this time neither method is working for me. I have calendar events on my phone that are not syncing to the mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You need to decide on one, using both iCloud and iTunes to sync calendars causes all sorts of problems

Get the calendar right in iCal, then disable iTunes synching and disable iCloud syncing on the iphone.

then enable the iCloud account again on the mac and iphone and see if a fresh start helps things

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You need to decide on one, using both iCloud and iTunes to sync calendars causes all sorts of problems

Get the calendar right in iCal, then disable iTunes synching and disable iCloud syncing on the iphone.

then enable the iCloud account again on the mac and iphone and see if a fresh start helps things

Sorry I should have been more clear. The iTunes syncing had been disabled since the beginning. I merely tried to sync via iTunes after your last post asked which method I was using. I figured it was worth a try. But it didn't work either.

I will try your fresh start suggestion and see how that works.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok I have done exactly as you suggested and no luck. The events still show on my phone but nothing on the mac. I have even gone into preferences for calendar and made sure "all events" is selected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.