blocked plug ins

Reaction score
New to my I-Mac so be patient. Why since loading OSX-Lion is my screen constantly showing Blocked Plug-In messages with the response being to load new version of Adobe Flash?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Because Apple has implemented a feature for Safari in which it blocks the execution of plugins if they are out of date. This is to encourage you to run newer version which, theoretically, are more secure. Install the most recent version of Flash (here) and you should be good to go.

OP
D
Reaction score
Plug-In

THANK YOU, Quick fix. I was nervous of loading from the Adobe website. Thanks Again. Love my Mac

Reaction score
plug-ins

Installed Apples Adobe Flash Player but still cannot access you tube or facebook video websites so it didn't work for me.

C

chas_m

There's no such thing as "Apple's Adobe Flash Player" -- or at least hasn't been in many years.

If you've gone to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and installed version 15.0.0.189 (the latest stable version as of this writing), and *correctly installed it*, it should be working for you fine. You may not have installed it properly, or downloaded the wrong version. If you could detail:

a. What version of Flash your browser says you have installed when you visit the link above
b. If it's not the current version, the steps you took to "install" the previous version

We can probably help you with that.

Reaction score
I went to the Apple support and rcvd two msgs today and followed their directions and so far everything is back to normal. I installed the adobe uninstaller and removed any and all adobe downloads, closed my browser and downloaded the adobe flash player update. A bit more involved so now you tube is back and all news videos etc. Thanks to all who helped and thanks to these great forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.