Proximity sensor not working iPhone 4

Reaction score
I dropped my beloved iPhone 4 2 weeks ago and shattered the screen, I didn't want to spend a fortune having it professionally fixed as Im hoping the release of the 5 wont be too far away and am going to treat myself to that.

So anyway, my father-in-law repaired it with a £22 screen I purchased from Amazon, all seemed OK, until I made a call, my screen no longer switches off when I put the phone to my ear, and I am constantly putting people on hold or mute, very frustrating....

Anyone know what I can do to resolve this? It took him 2.5 hours to fix it and he is in no rush to do this again unless we know exactly what to do to fix the problem, I found one article on the web that suggested when you remove old screen it takes a small sponge pad away that had been sat in between the proximity sensor and the amber light sensor to determine them apart, and they suggested a few layers of marker pen or something else to help them work separately, I just wondered if anyone else has had this problem and if they found a solution.

OP
L
Reaction score
Oh he followed a "how to" video on Youtube and it didn't say anything about this......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.