Fire Vaulting and Retrospect Express

C

C. Tech

I just purchased a Maxtor One Touch II external hard drive and am looking to set up a bootable copy of my computer in case of a crash.

The program provided to do so, Retrospect Express, is not openning on my computer. The icon bounces twice in the dock and then disappears. The insturctuions also say to turn of "FireVaulting." Could someone explain what this is and where I can go in my computer to turn it off? Also, any ideas on why Retrospect is not running?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
FileVault is what you are looking for. It's under Security in the Prefs pane.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
To turn off Filevault, go to System preferences->Security and hit the 'turn off Filevault' button.

It could also be that the included version of Retrospect express doesn't support Tiger (yet). You may need an upgrade (quote from dantz.com - makers of retrospect).

Discussion

EMC Dantz has provided a free update to Retrospect 6.0 for Macintosh customers that supports Apple's Mac OS X Tiger operating system.

Retrospect 6.1 for Macintosh adds full support for Mac OS X Tiger and is available as a free update for Retrospect 6.0 customers. This 6.1 version resolves the issues listed in this document. This update is available from http://www.dantz.com/updates

Retrospect 6.0.204 and Mac OS X Tiger (Fixed in 6.1)

OP
C

C. Tech

Thank you!

Retrospect now opens, but I am unable to find the License code needed to register the product? Has anyone had experince with this? Where can I find the code?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.