Question about illustrator link ai. file

Reaction score
hmmm.. i got a question.
I got a request to do the image drawing in the AI file of storyline.
there is a drawing A as the main file.

The drawing would appear in Story frame 1, frame 2, and frame 3..but drawing A would appear in every frame in different scale.
so i used the "link" function to place the "drawing A.ai" into my frame 1.ai, frame 2.ai, and frame 3.ai

In "drawing A.ai" the stroke point is 1pt.
when i place it into "frame 1.ai", and scale it down to 50%. the "drawing A.ai"'s stroke is less than 1pt appear on the "frame 1.ai"

Would there is a way that even i scale it up or down, can still keep it as 1pt stroke appear in "frame 1.ai"?

:\ i know it's odd, i could just copy and paste drawing to frame 1, 2, 3, and change the stroke point to 1pt. But the client request it to happen as mention above.
I am not sure if there is some skill can make it.
Any suggestion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What program are you importing the ai file into

Reaction score
Instead of linking the file, can you just group the drawing and copy/paste it into the new document (.ai file)? Once you scale it, you should still be able to select the group and set the stroke back to 1pt - Illustrator should adjust it for all lines in the group.

Also, not sure what version you are using, but Illustrator CS5 supports Artboards. You can create multiple pages in one Illustrator document and export at multi-page pdf.

Hope that helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.