Repairing Disk Permissions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Air 2018 macOS Monterey 8GB RAM 250 GB SSD
I've had my MacBook Pro since Nov 2009 and decided to repair disk permissions for the first time. It went smoothly. Then I tried it a few days later and there were a lot of things repaired. It this normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Sure. There have been instances (for me) when it has taken a couple of go rounds with repairing permissions before things finally settled. However, if it is consistently showing the same results, it could be symptomatic of something deeper going on. Have you ever run Onyx before? It's the only maintenance app I've ever run, and it includes fixing disk permissions as part of its routine.

Also, what OS are you running and if you have updated to Mountain Lion, how did you update? Did you simply install it over the previous one or did you do a clean install?

Doug

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Air 2018 macOS Monterey 8GB RAM 250 GB SSD
Thanks for the info. I'm still using Snow Leopard, but I may upgrade to Mountain Lion sometime this fall. I downloaded ONYX a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't got around to installing it yet. The link to the Apple support page about the stuff you can safely ignore looked very familiar. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.