Thunderbolt or Mini Display Port

Reaction score
I have a 13 MBP - with a mini-display port. Bought the laptop from a friend. Do I have to get a mini-display port cable or can I just go with a thunderbolt cable (better prepared for the future)? Do they even sell mini-display cable's anymore? Thoughts?

Thanks
-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
mdp cable's are about 1/30th the price of a thunderbolt cable. I'd skip the thunderbolt cable, until you need it, maybe 3rd party cables will be available.. and thus reasonably priced.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have a 13 MBP - with a mini-display port. Bought the laptop from a friend. Do I have to get a mini-display port cable or can I just go with a thunderbolt cable (better prepared for the future)? Do they even sell mini-display cable's anymore? Thoughts?

Thanks
-

If you're looking to connect your MBP to an external monitor…yes…as "Dysfunction" recommended…just get a mini-display port adapter. They only cost under $7.00 bucks at (here's the DVI version):

Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.