hdmi to connect to TV

Reaction score
Hi, I have connected my MacBook Pro (10.7.4) to my TV but am not getting any connection. I followed the advice from another thread on this website ("go to preferences, displays, etc) but I get no boxes to tick in there, and the 'Detect Displays' Button doesn't do anything either. I have NO idea what to do next: would like to look at photos on my MacBook and watch programmes on iPlayer!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hi, I have connected my MacBook Pro (10.7.4) to my TV but am not getting any connection. I followed the advice from another thread on this website ("go to preferences, displays, etc) but I get no boxes to tick in there, and the 'Detect Displays' Button doesn't do anything either. I have NO idea what to do next: would like to look at photos on my MacBook and watch programmes on iPlayer!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :D

Hello,

Your TV won't always automatically recognise the Mac. You may need to choose the input source on the TV for the screen to come up.

Go into the TV's menu and choose the HDMI input that you have plugged the cable into and see if that helps.:)

OP
I
Reaction score
Thank you, Pendlewitch, for your reply. I had already done that, so that appears not to be the problem. Also turned off the computer and turned it back on again, in case that solved it, but also to no avail!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Best I can suggest is head to this thread - Post # 2, Item # 1 and work your way through all the items there.

What is the brand of the TV - make and model would be even better?
What adapter/cable are you using?
Which MBP do you have? - screen size, year model and CPU speed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Thank you, Pendlewitch, for your reply. I had already done that, so that appears not to be the problem. Also turned off the computer and turned it back on again, in case that solved it, but also to no avail!

Hey no problem. My guess its it's a cable/adaptor/input thing but follow the link as bobtomay says and see what you can do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.