Remote Desktop from Windows 7 to Mac OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 11.6" 1.6Ghz i5 4GB 128SSD/MBP Retina 15.4" 2.3Ghz i7 16GB 256SSD/iPhone 4s/iPad3
Looking from some clarification or better solution. I have a couple of designers that I have Administer. I know I can use VNC to remote into these MBP from my Windows 7 box.

Maybe I'm not doing it right or there's a setting that I missed.
1. It's super slow connecting via VNC. Doesn't matter whether I'm wireless or on LAN. Connection speed isn't an issue. I'm getting about 30-40MB down.
2. When I do finally connect I get the "gray" Mac Login screen and it takes forever for the login to come up so I can actually sign in.
3. Now when it finally allows me to sign in I have to sign in with the credentials of the user already logged in which entails asking them for their userid and password - which is a big security issue. I should never have to ask for userid and password from a user.
4. If I don't sign in with the current's users credentials then I get a completely desktop or profile. If I do sign in with the logged in credentials then I get to see their desktop or profile.

Is VNC the only tool available to connect from PC to Mac or are there other alternatives? I understand with Apple Remote Desktop or the Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection tool it will allow you to connect from a Mac to a PC, but I want to got the other way from a PC to a Mac.

Any insights or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'll recommend logmein free

It's, er, free, cross-platform, secure and fast.

Others I use on occasion are Splastop and Teamviewer. But I keep coming back to logmein

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.