Running classic program on new macs

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I currently had to purchase a cd for school and when I put it in it said: You can't open the application Integrative because the Classic environment is no longer supported.

I googled it but figured maybe you guys would have a solution. I do use VMware fusion but hate having to use it every time I will be needing to use the CD because it slows down everything else and then I will have to keep switching from that to Word (I use the Mac version of Word).

I currently use Mac OSX lion.

Thank's for taking the time to read this!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Classic environment is not supported in OS X which means you can not run programs that were designed for the Classic OS (OS 8, 9, etc). And you can not run Classic within VMWare Fusion.

C

chas_m

What kind of crazy school is giving you 12-year-old (at least) programs to run??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You would have to buy something like a first generation iMac just to run that one program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You can run Classic on recent Macs via SheepShaver but it is only an emulator so there may be a few issues. Plus the whole part of having a Classic OS to install on it, which probably won't be cheap.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.