Remote desktop problem

Reaction score
I am unable to connect with my company's remote desktop. I'm using Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac version 2.0.1 and Cisco VPN Client version 4.9.01.0810. I get a message that the Mac cannot connect to the Winsdows-based computer. Our IT guys tried to help but said they can't really support my personal laptop.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I use in the built-in VPN client on my iMac as opposed to the Cisco client that always gave me issues. Have you confirmed that you are connected to the VPN and can indeed "see" the Windows computer? Can you ping it by name or IP address?

I do this all the time to access my work laptop and use RDC version 2.1.1 (110309)..

OP
E
Reaction score

I was on the line and he confirmed it was pinging, but still couldn't connect

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Is it possible there is a firewall or something enabled on your Windows machine preventing access?

Reaction score
I'm having similar problems as well. Our IT guys finally purchased a new Mac desktop so now instead of running the Microsoft RDC with the Cisco VPN, I've been told to use Real VNC with Cisco for the connection. The connection only happens 1 out of 10 times and when it does, its terribly slow. I'm a noob at this stuff but is there another RDC client that I can use? I don't think I can get away with NOT using Cisco.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.