Apple TV Airplay stops out of the blue

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have 2 Apple TV's version 3.
But since last night out of nowhere they aren't able to receive airplay anymore.
Wifi is working on both, but I still get an error code 200500 (on both), and the advice to make sure they're enabled and connected, which they are.

Some help would greatly be appreciated.

Ibanezi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Try changing the wifi channel on your router. Ideally use a tool like iStumbler to see what other networks nearby are using and choose one furthest from them.
Then reboot the router and try again.

OP
Sur3Mac
Reaction score
I tried, that didnt work... but thx for the info nonetheless.
It wasn't the ATV's, nor was it my router/modem, so I ended up searching for the issue on my Mac, didn't find anything out of the ordinary there, so I tried reinstalling ML.

That did the trick just fine so all is well and working again (go figure..), sorry for not being able to provide you with a solution, other than the one I had to resort to.

Ibanezi

PS. Just a question here... does changing the channel like you mentioned, choosing the one farthest from other networks, speed up my connection?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It'll make your connection more robust and may speed it up yes. In any wireless situation, even if you're not having problems you want to be as far from conflicting networks as possible.

All routers have an Auto settings which should dynamically switch your channel to the best available but in practice some routers are better than others at actually doing this.

OP
Sur3Mac
Reaction score
Sorry for not responding... your advice worked.
I changed the wifi channel a few times and finally found one that didn't experience interference from outside sources.

Thanks a lot!
SM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad it's working for you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.