Photoshop CS4 keeps crashing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 15" MacBook Pro 2.8 i7, 8GB, OS X 10.6.8
I just got a new MBP running 10.8

I installed Photoshop CS4 yesterday and used it for about 2 hrs.
Today I open a photo, and when I try to drag a layer to be duplicated the program crashes.
Some functions seem to work, but it just crashes and I get that error message: PS has quit unexpectedly IGNORE, SEND REPORT, RELOAD (Something like that)

Anyone have any ideas?

The first thing I noticed strange was when I right-clicked an image and went to OPEN WITH, I noticed duplicates of photoshop. That and the crashing led me to do a Clean Up, using Adobe's Full Clean-Up app thing from their website. I reinstalled PS and it still crashes at the same time. The duplicate in OPEN WITH is gone though.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have also reset the CS4 prefrences (holding down CTRL, OPT, CMD, SHFT), and now PSCS4 just hangs and I have to force quit.

I repaired Disc Permissions, and there's no change.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you checked with Adobe to see if CS4 is compatible with Mountain Lion?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Based on what I've read it should be.

On the Adobe forum someone had the exact problem, and when the staff asked to see the error repot the OP never responded, but they didn't say anything about it being not compatible.
I added my problem to that thread along with an error report, but that was just minutes ago.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, it was a simple update. New version seems to work.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for posting back. It did sound like the version you were using was not compatible. Glad to hear there was an update for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.