• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

World Wide Warranty

Reaction score
I've had a search of the forum but nothing jumped out at me or perhaps I'm using the wrong search criterea.

I'm a Brit contractor working in Afghan and have access to the US PX. They are selling Mac Book Pro's at a huge discount over UK prices. About £400. Will the Apple warranty still be valid in the UK upon my return? I can't find anything out on the web or on the Apple site.
Anyone know anything about this??

Cheers

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I've had a search of the forum but nothing jumped out at me or perhaps I'm using the wrong search criterea.

I'm a Brit contractor working in Afghan and have access to the US PX. They are selling Mac Book Pro's at a huge discount over UK prices. About £400. Will the Apple warranty still be valid in the UK upon my return? I can't find anything out on the web or on the Apple site.
Anyone know anything about this??

Cheers

Mark

Hello Mark,

The way I understand it is yes, that it is international. You get the 1 year limited warranty and extend the cover with Apple Care if you want to. You must use an Apple Store or an Authorised Apple Service Provider if things go wrong.

They do provide a caveat though which states.. "Availability of each option depends on country in which service is requested and location of Apple Authorized Service Provider. Apple may also request that the customer replace components with readily installable parts."

I think what they are saying here is that you might request a repair from the Falklands but the nearest AASP might be in South Africa which would be impractical from a collection/shipping point of view. (I'm not saying that that is the case though.) If you've got faulty Ram for instance they may want you to replace that yourself for convenience.

OP
M
Reaction score
Many thanks for the prompt response. That was my thinking with regards to using authorised outlets.
Best I go shopping now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I wish you could get me one :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.