Upgrading to Mountain Lion transferring my set up from Lion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP macOS Big Sur....iPad Air 2 64gB....iPhone 8+
I downloaded a legit copy of M Lion to a thumb drive as well as a Boot up Thumb drive. When I tried to install it from the thumb drive it walked me through the steps but when it got to transferring files from Time Machine iit said I believe I didn't have enough room. Now it only will go to Mountain Lion if I start up with that thumb drive is inserted in the computer before I start it up which is fine, but I want to eventually download M Lion to my computer and have my set up from Lion brought along with it ie desktop, apps, favourite websites etc. My concern is if I download M Lion to my computer HD I won't be able to get my Lion setup transferred over.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It sounds to me like you installed Mountain Lion to your thumb drive. While you are booted into Mountain Lion, how big does it say Macintosh HD is? And how much free space?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes I guess that was what I was trying to say. Mount Lion Thumb Drive is 10.77 GB. Boot up thumb drive is 3.91 GB.

So if I install M Lion on my computer HD will Time Machine more then likely work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Yes I guess that was what I was trying to say. Mount Lion Thumb Drive is 10.77 GB. Boot up thumb drive is 3.91 GB.

So if I install M Lion on my computer HD will Time Machine more then likely work?

Yes. You weren't supposed to install to the thumb drive, so naturally that didn't work.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Downloaded to my computer HD, seems to be working well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.