Mountain Lion won't install.. Please help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.7.3
Ok, so I've just bought Mountain Lion from the app store for my 2010 13 inch MacBook Pro, it's been downloaded, and now I'm trying to install it.

It takes me to the first page, I accept the software license agreement and all that, choose that I want it to be installed on Macintosh HD, press 'Install' and enter my password... then nothing happens.

It accepts my password, so I know it's not incorrect, but just doesn't do anything. All I can do is keep pressing install and keep entering in my password, but it doesn't take me to a new page or start installing the software.

Ive tried restarting, that doesn't work. Please tell me I haven't just wasted £13.99!?!?

Thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Have you done any sort of prep/maintenance/backup before attempting to install?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.7.3
Have you done any sort of prep/maintenance/backup before attempting to install?

Yeah, I've been trying to install a portable storage device too, but that doesn't seem to work either. It says it can't create a folder, so I'm not sure what to do about that.
But the mountain lion installer doesn't give me a reason why, it just doesn't do anything :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
if the mountain lion picture shows up with install button, you should be able to install.
otherwise finder should show your mountain lion download dmg.
if all fails go to the apple store and install from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.