Flash

Reaction score
Greetings,

My wife watches a lot of Korean videos and needs Flash for many of them. I installed Flash for Mac on my MacMini and for the most part seems to work okay. However, a window pops up that says an error has occurred but everything is still working okay. The pop up asks if you want to continue and if you hit the button will sometimes do nothing or an advertisement will display. That's irritating. I'm using Safari as my browser. Any clues? Remedies?

Thanks,
Ron Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
What version OS X? What version of Flash? Are you sure it's fully updated? Can you provide a specific example of something that causes the problem?

OP
T
Reaction score
OSX is 10.8.1. I don't know what version of flash, I think 9.1. A specific example is when my wife is watching videos on "dramastar"'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OSX is 10.8.1. I don't know what version of flash, I think 9.1. A specific example is when my wife is watching videos on "dramastar"'.

9.1? If that's what you have, then you are waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy outdated. The current version is 11.4.402.265. Open System Preferences, then Flash Player. Go to the Advanced tab to check for the new version and download/install it.

OP
T
Reaction score
I checked and I do have the current version of flash( 11.4.402.265).. Any other clues?

Thanks,
Ron Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I checked and I do have the current version of flash( 11.4.402.265).. Any other clues?

There's no telling. Sites like those are riddled with ads and this could be just some weird ad faking a problem to get you to click on it, much like those that claim to have found a problem with your computer. It could be some streaming issue... it's hard to tell. I would just get an ad blocker for your browser and see if that helps.
AdBlock For Safari

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.